Receiver Choices/PCM fail safe

Del Rykert drykert at rochester.rr.com
Tue Oct 1 07:50:56 AKDT 2002

Jerry.

    Life is full of choices isn't it?  I have seen some fliers intentionally
stuffing their problem aircraft for concern of hitting someone, (I consider
that responsible and takes a big person to make that choice) and I've seen
others who defy all safe logic and fly 3 feet over peoples heads in the pits
to save their aircraft, ( I consider very *+@#...  Yet they didn't hit
anyone so they argue I had it under full control the whole time. My
contention was if you had it under full control then why did you choose to
intentionally fly over top of people? I think it is a personal call and
would depend on your flying environment to some degree. Flying in deserted
pasture/desert etc Vs/ flying at populated field with many people. Myself I
choose to go to idle and a tad of up to slow down the time and impact if it
gets that far. Gives chance to holler heads up for those that know what that
means and if it is stuffed at least its energy is less than full tilt and
glide path may be more predictable than some other failsafe modes. No I
haven't had it born out as I have never had a failsafe yet. Thankfully!

        Del