[SA] One of a kind?

s.vannostrand at kodak.com s.vannostrand at kodak.com
Tue Nov 26 09:40:26 AKST 2002

True, and an aspect that I hadn't considered.  So the new breed of pattern
designs (Smaragd, Aries) have about a 6 1/2 wide cockpit leading to a
wingspan of about 31 feet.  This is closer to normal.

In thinking on this same track, the cowl volume might not have, in the
past, been large enough to hold a 330 hp Lycoming engine.  However, new
engines are becoming much more powerful at the same size and pattern
planes are getting larger, streamlined cowls.  The Smaragd has an 8 1/2
wide cowl, which is similar to an Extra in our scale.

Maybe these two worlds will cross over in the near future and pattern and
IMAC will become one??!!?

--Lance

====
Using a 32 inch wide cockpit as the goal, a full scale Prophecy would be
52 feet long with a wing span of about 50 feet.

Quite a big single seater!

 John Ferrell
6241 Phillippi Rd
Julian NC 27283