K.I.S.S. Hot Wire Accesory??

mrstev0922 at aol.com mrstev0922 at aol.com
Sun Nov 24 14:42:31 AKST 2002

Hi Mark,...

Thanks for your reply to my post concerning the Aircraft Spruce and Specialty
hot wire transformer.  Yes,... I intend on getting another one, (either ask
for a replacement or just purchase it outright)

I would be very interested in the schematic you mentioned.  Also,... what
kind of wire are you using??  From the results I've had,... the type of wire
means everything!!  I assume Inconel wire would take a certain voltage and
current to heat up properly, whereas the tungsten (?) wire supplied with Sam
Turner's unit heats up just fine with two 'D' size batteries!!

Where can I purchase NiChrome or tungsten wire??

Sincerely,
Steve Teerlinck
Monson, Massachusetts
# discussion-request at nsrca.org