AMA rules-what are we doing?

Thomas C. Weedon weedon at wwnet.net
Tue Nov 19 01:26:49 AKST 2002

Del,
Let me add what I have said before that Pattern is not declining, at least
not around here. The NSRCA membership is down, that's true, and I've said
before that I believe that the cause was the continuing increase in dues.
However, in D4 we seem to be enjoying a growth spurt in Pattern, especially
in the number of contests. Also, we have had good numbers in the Sportsman
Class this last year. I've said this before, many times on this list. Seems
no one listened as the talk is still about declining numbers. Let me ask
again, "WHAT DECLINING NUMBERS?"  Shucks, the Pattern Nats is bigger then
ever. We have more contests. We have more Sportsman entrants than before.
Will every one PLEASE get off this thing about DECLINING NUMBERS, and start
looking at what's going right?
Tom W.