Weight is not the issue!

WHIP23 at aol.com WHIP23 at aol.com
Sun Nov 17 14:45:26 AKST 2002

In a message dated 11/17/02 8:51:26 AM Pacific Standard Time,
buddybrammer35 at hotmail.com writes:

> In relation to my and Tom's previous post, I am of the belief and am sure
> that everyone would like to see a majority of our members express their
> position on rules change issues. With that in mind I believe that NSRCA
> should devise a plan that might improve voter response to the issues. This
> could possibly be accomplished by having a district repersentative assigned
> to get out the vote and having that repersentative assign local people to
> try to get each member that is assigned to him to vote. everyone will
> benefit if we could achieve a majority concensus from the entire
> membership. we go to great length's to define the changes required which
> should be considered but I think we could do more in the area of getting
> more people to vote.
>  This will minimize the on going discussion of the so called dead horse
> issues. Many people are not comfortable when 20% of the whole are making
> the decissions, because no matter why the 80% did not vote it cannot be
> deturmined what the and majority concinsus is.
>  NSRCA is for the members by the members and if the real reason that 80%
> did not  vote is that they were just not interested then this indicates to
> me that our membership will continue to decline. I really don't think that
> is the case, So what can we do to improve the situitation?
>  Buddy

Boy this is going to get me flamed, but the vote was taken, all NSRCA members
had a chance to vote, if some don't care enough to vote then why should we
care about what they think of the results of the vote?   We can't get enough
"volunteer labor" to do what needs to be done, why waste time trying to get
people to vote who are not interested enough to do so on their own.  There
are a few who make this thing (NSRCA) go, we don't need to waste their time
holding the hands of those who CHOSE not to vote.  If you don't vote, you
agree, by default, to let those who do vote make the decisions for you, it's
that simple.

Flame on

Bob