Rules changes was weight

Troy Newman troy_newman at msn.com
Sat Nov 16 15:11:37 AKST 2002

You have to use the system at least once in order to change it. That's the way it works...anything can be changed... but the current process to change it is in place and working. Some will argue how well its working but others will think its the way it ought to be...because they submitted proposals to build it into the current shape......

The process is submit a proposal by the 1st of October of the beginning of the cycle. Since Oct 1, 2002 is already passed and nothing was done.....You now have an opportunity to make the change in the next rules cycle....starts Oct 1, 2005

I don't like it any more than you guys do...but hey you gotta play by the rules at least once before the rules can get changed. Besides in the rules survey everybody wanted new sequences changed every 3 years......guess what AMA has handed you on a silver platter without your choice and was in place before the rules survey came out....a 3 year rules cycle.

If its that important to you that it get changed right now....look into the options. Call AMA and ask about Urgent Rules Proposals.....but be mindful that we the Pattern organization in the form of the NSRCA seems to cry wolf a lot lately and pushed through several URP in the past couple years. And most of these have been from individuals working "on Behalf of the NSRCA" Remember the Masters 2000 sequence....and remember the rave review the Jersey crew got in sending in a noise URP last fall.......Our group doesn't look like we play well others......We have burned some serious bridges and we need to work with the people to help ourselves out.....Not land blast the people that have tried to work on your behalf.

The AMA and the Board may not see this as a truly urgent issue.

See safety and errors in the publication are the real reason for the URP...not because you missed the deadline to submit you proposal....

the Scale Aerobatic folks are going through similar rules headaches....they are changing things so dramatically all the time...Since its so new and the lack of rules at the beginning they are starting to see the need for certain rules and the criteria. Its the price you pay when your the new kid on the block and starting to look at how do we function and how do we run a contest that's fair and honest to all involved. The rules were put into place so its fair to all.

I went back in years to the 80's and rule book back then even told you the procedure for submitting a proposal.

the current Green book tells you the procedure on pages 2-4  right up front and gives a time line for the critical events and votes....

Troy