similar design

Mike Hester kerlock at attbi.com
Thu Nov 14 13:17:03 AKST 2002

Amen to that!!!!

I'm working on my own thing right now for just that reason. What I want
really doesn't exist. So instead of just taking something I don't really
want, I decided to do it myself.

I have a lot to learn and a lot of steps between here and there, but if I
don't try I'll never know. I could be a jewel and it could be flying crud,
but until one flies, who knows?

As far as that comment by the judge about "you'd score better flying a
european design", well guess what. I suppose I will never score high in FAI,
because I just won't play that game. If it means I'll never get above 30th
place, then so be it. Part of the fun of pattern to me is building and doing
my own thing.

That doesn't mean I'm slamming someone for flying a ZN job. Those planes are
remarkable works of art. It's just not what I want to fly. Too bad if some
people will hold that against me later on, I'll just deal with it.

-Mike Hester