Weight Limit/cost

Martin X. Moleski, SJ moleski at canisius.edu
Tue Nov 12 06:22:09 AKST 2002

--On Tuesday, November 12, 2002 8:45 AM -0500 "MILLER, EDWARD, MGSVC" <em0 at att.com> wrote:

> Forget the cost. If a competitive package cost $500 I doubt
> we'd see a measurable increase in competitors.
> You either want to compete or you don't.

I agree with this completely.

Cost is a red herring.

Pattern appeals to a type of person.  People
who have a different personality type don't
find the expense of time, energy, and money
worth making.

Even those who have a "pattern competitor"
personality may find satisfaction in other
branches of the RC hobby: pylon (Chip Hyde),
fun-fly competition, combat, IMAC, scale,
jets, helicopters, etc.

There are a lot more games in town than
there used to be.

					Marty #2874