Weight Limit problem long

Bill Glaze billglaze at triad.rr.com
Mon Nov 11 16:12:10 AKST 2002

Tom: When I got back into competition, it was because I got plain bored
with just going out and boring (should I say boreing?<G>) holes in the
sky.  It didn't seem worthwhile.  And I certainly got bored (that word
again) with IMAA.  The only reason I belonged to it as long as I did was
to get the magazine, and the only reason I wanted the magazine was for
the advertisements.

Bill Glaze

"Thomas C. Weedon" wrote:

>  IMAA has somewhere around 10,000 members. It forbids competition!
> It's just flying big planes around in big circles for FUN. And,
> brother can they smash'em also. I've seen IMAA pilots that have flown
> for years and still regularly loose a few on landing at every
> show.After searching for an answer for many years, I have come to the
> conclusion that the main reason most RC flyers won't fly pattern is
> because it is too hard for them and they don't want to admit it. No
> one likes to admit that they are poor achievers. Therefore, most stay
> out because they can't handle the embarrassment of failing in front of
> others. Just human nature, that's all. What's my excuse for ending up
> so far down in the pack? I just don't care if I can't finish first all
> the time; I'm having too much fun hanging around all my buds! Ain't
> that so, Bob and Micky? Besides, I love the way the planes fly. I
> would give up RC all together if all I could do was fly sport planes
> around and around in big circles like so many do at the local fields
> where I practice. And the best part is that even though I may have
> invented the "Double Weedon" (by accident), the local club members
> still rate me as the best flyer in their club(s). That's what becomes
> of all the practice. I LOVE IT!Tom W.

        "GeorgeF." <av8tor at flash.net>
        Sent by:                                      To:
        discussion-request at nsrca.org          discussion at nsrca.org
                                                      cc:
        11/11/2002 01:34 PM                           Subject:        RE:
        Please respond to discussion          Weight Limit problem long