rumor

Bob Pastorello rcaerobob at cox.net
Thu Nov 7 18:21:01 AKST 2002

The practical component of the weight rule is  ???

And out of the hundreds and hundreds of contests since the 5 kg rule,
exactly how many airplanes have EVER been weighed at local events?
    CD's - for the most part that's US pattern fliers/club members -
absolutely will not screw with trying to weigh airplanes....logistically, it
is an investment with no return.
    Plus - and for me (and others) - the most important aspect of the weight
rule is that it has NO meaning.  A "minimum" weight would make so much more
sense.

Not to be confused with the 2M rule - doorways, practically the world over,
are 2 m...or very close...just a thought...
    Weight rule - until I can be shown a practical, meaningful and
competition-related reason for it's existence, I'm one of those who will
support it - but never be interested in checking a plane at a contest again.

Oh - BTW - Yes, I **DID** do it once as a CD...NEVER, EVER, again will I try
that little trick at a local event, even if it WAS the "regional
championships"....

Bob Pastorello
NSRCA 199, AMA 46373
rcaerobob at cox.net