Rd: rumor

s.vannostrand at kodak.com s.vannostrand at kodak.com
Thu Nov 7 12:05:38 AKST 2002

Last year there were two VERY active threads on the weight limit.  One I
started.  I saved all the emails.  Both threads concluded that letting
someone fly an airplane over 11 lbs was to his detriment, and the rules
shouldn't prevent someone disadvantaging themselves. Most felt raising the
limit to 12-14 lbs was better than eliinating it (I'm skipping all the
details on purpose - this is a general conclusion).  However, the member
survey did not produce the same conclusive results so no change has been
proposed.

I'm a full believer in the democratic process, so I've dropped the issue
and I'm on board with the current rule.  However, with our noise and size
limitations firmly in place, the weight rule will constantly be viewed by
many as simply unnecessary.

Even though this was rejected at CIAM and NSRCA this year, it is likely to
continue to resurface until it is removed.

--Lance

This was rejected for F3A at the 2002 CIAM meeting.

 It will probably be proposed again in the future.

 Harry

|         |           "Anthony Romano" |
|         |           <anthonyr105 at hotm|
|         |           ail.com>         |
|         |           discussion-reques|
|         |           t at nsrca.org      |
|         |           11/07/2002 08:19 |
|         |           discussion       |
  |        cc:                                                                                                     |
  |        Subject: rumors                                                                                         |

Saw this while learking on the Imac list. Can anyone substantiate?

Anthony