Whip antenna for Futaba 8U

Larry Diamond jed241 at email.msn.com
Mon Nov 4 08:38:44 AKST 2002

MessageI'm not a supporter of short whip antenna's...Maybe I'm wrong, but I believe that since you can't collapse them, you have an even higher risk of inadvertent interference by a mistaken "power up of the Tx" while someone is in the air on the same frequency. I understand that this can still happen with a OEM antenna, but I believe it's at significantly less power when the antenna is collapsed.

Frequency control programs at the flying field don't prevent this from happening, but reduces the number of occurrences. People will always make mistakes...Kinda like sailor proofing, it only took us so far in the Navy...

Are there clubs out there that ban the short whip antennas from R/C Air? I though this was the case some years back...

Curious about other opinions...

Larry