WAS - KFactor Now "Members"

Martin X. Moleski, SJ moleski at canisius.edu
Sun Nov 3 15:24:00 AKST 2002

--On Sunday, November 03, 2002 10:55 AM -0600 Bob Pastorello <rcaerobob at cox.net> wrote:

> Rick, I *REALLY* like the forum idea.  Restricted postings, moderators,
> subject/topic threads....how difficult/costly is that to manage?

Speaking as a moderator of one newsgroup (rec.autos.sport.nascar.moderated),
nine yahoo groups, and a mailing list for District 2, the key cost is
time and energy.  I doubt that it would take much cash to install
a forum on our nsrca web site.

> I think MANY would probably prefer that to an email list - maybe.

It depends on the sophistication of the support software.
With e-mail and newsgroups, I know what I've seen and
what I haven't.  I don't have to log in by hand to
collect either kind of post.  I've never gotten
involved in any forums for any length of time.

					Marty #2874
# discussion-request at nsrca.org