A Money Saving Though...Re: K-Factor Status

Martin X. Moleski, SJ moleski at canisius.edu
Sun Nov 3 07:32:36 AKST 2002

--On Sunday, November 03, 2002 11:02 AM -0500 "GeorgeF." <av8tor at flash.net> wrote:

> Ok, then let's have someone give us the actual cost of one issue ...

While waiting for some facts to come in from elsewhere,
let me tell you the example that I know of first-hand.

The publisher of the Polanyi Society journal sends out
about 100 free copies because doing so SAVES us
postage costs.  We need to be above some magic number
(300?) in order to qualify for a particular bulk rate.
It's cheaper for him to print and mail the extra
copies than to mail only to dues-paying members.

I don't know whether the same holds for the NSRCA,
of course.

					Marty #2874
# discussion-request at nsrca.org