A Money Saving Though...Re: K-Factor Status

GeorgeF. av8tor at flash.net
Sun Nov 3 07:02:45 AKST 2002

Ok, then lets have someone give us the actual cost of one issue to be
printed and shipped.  If I remember correctly (I'm not looking at a KFactor
so I might be wrong) the postage along is $0.83 per issue.   There is to be
12 issues per year, that would be a savings of $9.96.

I realize the setup fee still would be the same regardless of 500 issues
verses 50 issues.  However there still is a print cost per issue based on
amount of ink and paper used.   I wouldn't be surprised if the actual cost
per issue would be another $1.50, lets say its only $1.00 per issue, 12
issues is another $12.00 savings.

Lets see, that's over a $20.00 savings....  Again, I realize the setup cost
is still there but you can't tell me that a publisher is going to charge
you the EXACT same total bill for 800 prints verses 400 prints.   Since one
of my online businesses involves self-publishing I do know alittle about
this subject.

George

At 10:00 AM 11/3/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>--On Sunday, November 03, 2002 9:36 AM -0500 "GeorgeF." <av8tor at flash.net>
>wrote:
>
> > Here's a money saving thought.
>
> > At renewal time offer two membership rates.  ...
>
>Your proposal does not reduce costs substantially.
>The differential would probably be something like
>$5 between the two registrations.  The huge expense
>is in setting up the first printed copy; after that,
>it is trivial to print another five hundred.  You
>can't eliminate the setup expense 90% by reducing
>the print run from 500 to 50.
>
>                                                 Marty #2874
># To be removed from this list, send a message to
># discussion-request at nsrca.org
># and put leave discussion on the first line of the body.
>#

           I make Over $5000 per Week on eBay!
         Make eBay(tm) Your Job and Earn BIG $$$
       ---->http://www.licensed4fun.com/ebay<----