K-Factor Pattern an invisible group

GeorgeF. av8tor at flash.net
Fri Nov 1 08:30:59 AKST 2002

>A lot of you are right on the money. C Smith said it best, we are going to
>get our "market share" of pilots and that's all we can expect. What we can
>do is on a personal level, make sure those few guys don't get missed or
>turned off. That means it's up to US, not the rule book. The rules are fine.

So if the current market share isn't enough you make changes to appeal to
the greatest number of people thereby increasing the market share.

When I was mentioning a engine size limit I wasn't refering to just
sportsman, I was refering to ALL classes.    A newbe isn't just watching
the sportsman class when he goes to his first contest, he is watching the
most impressive (or most expensive) planes at a contest....  Again
perception is the problem.

I'd be the first to say roll back the rule book to the way it was in 1990
when there was a greater interest in Pattern than there is today.   I see
less and less people getting into and staying in pattern and the NSRCA
membership numbers supports that statement....

George
PS: when you believe in something then be a thorn in someones ass until
they get the point....

# discussion-request at nsrca.org