Sequences for 2003

Tony Stillman tony at radiosouthrc.com
Fri Dec 27 05:20:50 AKST 2002

Just to let everyone know, the proposal to go to an Annex system has been re-submitted to AMA.  John Fuqua contacted AMA and was able to come to a "compromise" that would be acceptable to AMA on this issue.

The proposal will allow for a maneuver schedule change by NSRCA making a survey of members with some choices of new schedules.  All maneuvers would be listed in an "annex" that the schedules would be drawn up from.  Maneuvers can be added to the annex as needed.  Once the membership picks a specific schedule, it would be sent directly to the contest board for approval.  This should only take a couple of weeks, and could done at anytime, if needed. Most likely, we will only want to change schedules every two or three years.  The idea is that we would not be "tied" to the AMA rules cycle to make a change.  We could also "correct" any issues that might arise with a particular schedule by making needed changes.

This is not exactly what we wanted, but John feels that it is a good starting point, and gets our "foot in the door" for further changes down the road.

The main issue is that we can make changes outside of the 3-years rules cycle, if passed.

Tony Stillman
Radio South, Inc.
3702 N. Pace Blvd.
Pensacola, Fl 32505