Involving the pattern community as a whole.

Del Rykert drykert at rochester.rr.com
Mon Dec 16 17:22:29 AKST 2002

Hi George.

    I have a memory like an elephant (unfortunately) at times, I recall what
happened with all major changes over the last 30 years and didn't initially
join the NSRCA because of the politics. It was suggested raising the eng.
displacement to 1.20's was to stimulate more competition between engine
manufacturers thus lowering prices was something everyone welcomed. Didn't
happen though did it. the change  to all turnaround and increasing size to
2m also were major changes that hurt attendance to contests and membership
in the NSRCA. I do see similar correlation's to the idea of combining IMAC
and NSRCA.

Regarding the ANNEX system -- I can the strong possibility of some in power
to really take advantage of the ANNEX system just because they are tired of
the group of maneuvers they are currently flying. If the ANNEX is going to
come to fruition then the political body must also have a check and balance
to keep stability in the pattern scene for those that are casual
participants or NSRCA will lose those also. We need all the participants we
have and wish for more. Talk to any CD that does not have a club pool of
workers to pull from how hard it is to meet the manpower needs. Changes that
would encourage the rank & file AMA member to come and participate is great
in my book, but I have to be convinced that these changes being considered
are honestly going to address that issue before I can accept it.

George.  --  Do you remember when local contests would have over 60
contestants. Now we read in the "K"  that some are bragging about having a
good turnout and having 20-25 attend. I think we should look hard at the
history before moving closer to the cliff.

     Del K. Rykert
     AMA - 8928
     NSRCA - 473
     Kb2joi - General