Revolution Pro

Rcmaster199 at aol.com Rcmaster199 at aol.com
Sun Dec 15 12:51:28 AKST 2002

This the Fiber Classics, painted in the mold, Pattern Model. My friend just
got one for Christmas and he brought it over for inspection.

It is a full 2mX2m plane with a very deep fuselage, yet moderate (about 6")
width. It is, of course, state of the art composite construction. The wing is
basically  a main spar with top and bottom skins. There is only one rib where
the aileron servo installs, and one root rib. Each wing panel weighed in at
13.8ozs, very light and strong.

The fuse is constructed similarly, with minimal internal structure, yet it is
also very light and strong. Including stab, rudder, carbon fiber fixed gear,
carbon fiber spinner and engine mount, it weighed 3 lbs, 10 ozs. All these
components are included in the "kit".

The engine mount, which I found refreshingly different, was quite a clever,
very simple and light set-up: Basically it is two 1/2" fiberglass rods,
extending from the firewall to the nose ring with an area machined  to accept
the YS or OS motors. It looks like both ends of the rods are soft mounted,
with the nose ring ends onto rubber grommets and the firewall ends onto a
phenolic like material. No nose ring is needed with this set-up.

Model should not weigh more than 10 1/2 lbs, finished. That is light for a
model this large ( it is larger than my Alliance by a bunch).

Really neat plane with some very thought provoking ideas incorporated.
Considering what the ZNLIne and PL Products kits cost, or the Zen 140 and
Angel Shadow for that matter, this model is a bargain at 1850$. Gary said he
got his in a week.

Matt Kebabjian