Li-ion & Nimh

Mike Hester kerlock at attbi.com
Sat Dec 14 14:16:08 AKST 2002

Look guys.

Let's go back to square one.

While I used specific examples, numbers and my own opinions to support ONE
statement, at the root of this whole discussion there is ONE statement that
needs to be made.

BE FREAKIN CAREFUL!!!!!

Did I ever once state "don't use them"? No, I simply stated I don't see the
advantage, and I still don't. I don't think there is a tangible advantage
for our application. I'm waiting for specific examples of why they are
advantageous in ANY way for pattern fliers.

Yeah, any battery could explode. I could also walk out the door and a 767
could drop on my head. But it probably won't. My point, take it or leave it,
is these particular batteries MIGHT NOT be quite as safe as we are lead to
believe. It amazes me that anyone can have a problem with that statement.

I'm trying to be of some service, and I get the STRONG feeling that people
are taking exception to my saying ANYTHING.

I DID NOT call a manufacturer's name into question.
I DID NOT EVER say "don't use these batteries".

I shared some information about a particular incident, and added to be
careful and learn what the possible dangers are. WHAT IS THE PROBLEM
PEOPLE????

Man, I just don't get it.

I am done with this subject. I tried to help, just share a little info and a
warning about a possible LIFE THREATENING situation, and I feel as if I have
been tarred and feathered for my efforts. Well, maybe one person will just
take the time to read, and if so, it's worth it.

-Mike