Involving the pattern community as a whole.

Martin X. Moleski, SJ moleski at canisius.edu
Fri Dec 13 07:29:13 AKST 2002

--On Friday, December 13, 2002 11:05 AM -0500 Terry Terrenoire
<amad2terry at juno.com> wrote:

> Boy, have you opened yourself up for criticism.................from the
> NASCAR crew! Maybe even from Bill Elliot who flys R/C choppers and big
> scale stuff.

I'm a moderator on <news:rec.autos.sport.nascar.moderated>.
We'd love to have all you NASCAR fans come over there and
keep us busy during the off-season.  :o)

> ... On the other hand, I'll readily admit to the
> difference in sophistication between F1 and NASCAR, but will not conceed
> to the skills required by either the drivers or crew members between the
> two.

I'm hoping that Jeff Gordon will jump to F1.  If he
doesn't, he'll probably obliterate all of the records
before he's 50.  :o(

> At least in NASCAR, even if you start at the back of the pack, you
> have a chance of winning.

NASCAR's rules help make this possible.  The open-wheel
series generally do not bunch the pack for restarts,
which makes a HUGE difference in the outcome of races.

> At this year's Indy race it was announced that
> noone had won the race starting back beyond 8th place for over 50 years.
> Now, which is more competitive?

That's a religious question.  I also do religion as
part of my day job.  :o)

Back to the original topic: should NSRCA merge with
IMAC?  I would love to pay one set of dues that would
give me standing in both SIGs.  I would love to have
one airplane that would let me be competitive in
both.  I don't think it's going to happen any time
soon.

				Marty #2874
# discussion-request at nsrca.org