another 'priceless' YS moment

John Gausby humptybumpty at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 12 15:55:43 AKST 2002

Tom...I have to agree that the Yamada employees do get into a hurry during
assembly. I bought a 140FZ a few years ago that had ZERO valve clearance and
the brass regulator screw was about 1/8th of an inch above the housing. And
this engine was supposed to be ready to run?  No way!

I'm a true believer in disassembly and inspection before the first run. It's a
shame that a $700 engine is not assembled more carefully.

Thanks for the warning....May not be a bad idea to foward your note to Dave
Shadel....although he doesn't make'em.....he just fixes'em......JG

# discussion-request at nsrca.org