Annex Fresh Idea

Ron Van Putte vanputte at nuc.net
Wed Dec 11 10:04:24 AKST 2002

Troy Newman wrote:
> Once again another speaks out that not all pattern flyers are NSRCA members!
>
> Sounds like a recurring theme?
>
> We all know the reasons.... they have been hashed many times....I think
> part of our problem is we believe that we(NSRCA) are the sole keeper of
> the flame....and to be honest....We are not. We were invited to the
> game. We did start it, and we won't be finishing it either.
>
> Sure we can take our marbles and go home but that doesn't serve anyone's
> interest. We did that in 94 with the N-PAC event.
>
> I'm curious why we as the NSRCA are so close minded to non-NSRCA
> members......?
>
> Does our $30 a year give us the right make rules and exclude others from
> having input on the subject.....This is all done under the holy veil of
> membership.....This exclusion of non-members is what is driving us
> down...not because we don't have sexy website...or we don't have a
> perfect KF, or we don't have press recognition in the magazines, or
> because we are not quick enough in changing our sequences in order to
> compete with the other Aerobatics kid in town.
>
> I think we are so concerned about new members...me included that we
> don't include people that are not members...The answer is "Well Join up
> and get the info."
>
> I've been guilty of this also...Maybe we need to open our doors and open
> our minds....If we invite the neighborhood in with the idea of a
> BBQ....and expect them to bring all the food how many will show?
>
> We need to give them a reason to be here and not a reason to stay away!
>
> Thanks for sticking with us Chuck!!!! We are glad to have you and your
> insight.

I guess another way of looking at is, "When are some of these non-NSRCA
members going to step up and pull their share of the load?"  Who are
these people who are interested in R/C aerobatics and have all the
advantages which accrues because of what the NSRCA has done and will do,
but have done none of the effort to support it?  They work at the Nats?
  Everybody works at the Nats!  I don't believe in "Pattern welfare".  I
believe you should have to work to get privileges.  Oops, I just
indentified my political beliefs.

Ron Van Putte

# discussion-request at nsrca.org