Annex Fresh Idea

Troy Newman troy_newman at msn.com
Wed Dec 11 07:44:13 AKST 2002

Once again another speaks out that not all pattern flyers are NSRCA members!

Sounds like a recurring theme?

We all know the reasons.... they have been hashed many times....I think part of our problem is we believe that we(NSRCA) are the sole keeper of the flame....and to be honest....We are not. We were invited to the game. We did start it, and we won't be finishing it either.

Sure we can take our marbles and go home but that doesn't serve anyone's interest. We did that in 94 with the N-PAC event.

I'm curious why we as the NSRCA are so close minded to non-NSRCA members......?

Does our $30 a year give us the right make rules and exclude others from having input on the subject.....This is all done under the holy veil of membership.....This exclusion of non-members is what is driving us down...not because we don't have sexy website...or we don't have a perfect KF, or we don't have press recognition in the magazines, or because we are not quick enough in changing our sequences in order to compete with the other Aerobatics kid in town.

I think we are so concerned about new members...me included that we don't include people that are not members...The answer is "Well Join up and get the info."

I've been guilty of this also...Maybe we need to open our doors and open our minds....If we invite the neighborhood in with the idea of a BBQ....and expect them to bring all the food how many will show?

We need to give them a reason to be here and not a reason to stay away!

Thanks for sticking with us Chuck!!!! We are glad to have you and your insight.

Troy