Annex

Martin X. Moleski, SJ moleski at canisius.edu
Tue Dec 10 04:56:41 AKST 2002

--On Tuesday, December 10, 2002 7:50 AM -0600 Jerry Stebbins
<JAStebbins at worldnet.att.net> wrote:

> Ron, after reading Eric's input, maybe Steve is trying to ensure that the
> Committee does not vote down your proposal incorrectly.

I've corresponded a few times with my VP in District 2 (Dave
Mathewson.  It sounds as though the EC had only two days'
notice of the proposal.  He had a LOT more questions than
I could answer--I am not up to speed on all the issues.

I was the only person from District 2 who contacted him
before the vote.

> By that I mean
> erroneously on content, NOT Merit. If that is true it seems that they (
> the AMA Board members )should respond with their concerns,and guidance,
> and give you a window to revise your proposal to accommodate any valid
> concerns.

Or the NSRCA could write a whole new proposal and submit
it with official endorsement.  We may be wrong in thinking
that the NSRCA's actions carry no more weight than an
individual's actions.

> The input was rather brief, and would probably need fleshing
> out for NSRCA to implement it properly.

The NSRCA also has to show that it is willing to do the
work that the proposal calls for.  I think that is why NSRCA
endorsement is necessary for getting past the EC.

						Marty #2874

# discussion-request at nsrca.org