Lithium Metal Batteries (DuraLite)

Mike Hester kerlock at attbi.com
Mon Dec 9 22:10:30 AKST 2002

Yep sparkly and radiant light.

However you totally ignored the fact that LITHIUM ION cells vent flame if overcharged. It is NOT totally safe!!!!

I am NOT talking about lithium metal, the original duralites. I am talking about a product out there being sold right NOW!!

I'm not debating the chemistry either. All I am doing is warning.

They say a picture is worth a thousand words. Well type in this link and here's a few thousand from me.

http://www.angelfire.com/ga4/ladylysa/

When you walk through your friend's house and it looks like that....

And that my friends is why I have a HUGE aversion to LITHIUM ION batteries, specifically the round cell type.

Now enjoy the pics, and the warnings? Take it or leave it. I can sleep now.

-Mike