Annex rules proposals

Ron Van Putte vanputte at nuc.net
Mon Dec 9 09:22:28 AKST 2002

There is no time line on a revised submission.  I was told that, unless
I withdrew the proposal, the issue will be dead until the next cycle.  I
consider it a threat so that the AMA Executive Council will not have to
go on record as rejecting the proposal.  I have already asked an
Executive Council member (a friend) to respond to me in private about
what is going on.  I asked him about what gave the council the authority
to interfere in the rule change process.  I will make appropriate parts
of his response public if he agrees.

I submitted the proposal as an individual, because that's how ALL
proposals are submitted, regardless of their origin.  The AMA deleted
our SIG status in the rule change process and now all proposals must go
through all votes by the contest board.

Ron Van Putte

# discussion-request at nsrca.org