dihedral question

Bob Kane getterflash at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 9 04:17:27 AKST 2002

I concur. I built and flew an Ultimate Kaos for two
years. It was built per the plans and flew great. It
will hold knife edge in either direction with no
elevator correction. I still fly the plane for fun, it
now sports a Jett .76 in the nose. Talk about vertical
!!! (Don't try this for competition. The Jett motor is
very powerful, but very loud)

HREF="mailto:discussion at nsrca.org">discussion at nsrca.org</A>
> > To:<A

HREF="mailto:discussion at nsrca.org">discussion at nsrca.org</A>
> > Sent from the Internet
> >

> > HI  i'm building a ultimate kaos 60 as a spare
> sport airframe.the plans
> > show 1 inch dihedral under each tip.my question is
> if i cut it back to say
> > 1/2 inch under each panel(1 inch total)would this
> have a good effect.i'd
> > like to use it for practicing entry level
> pattern(fixed gear) any advice
> > out there?thanks............
> >

> Shel,
>
> The UK needs that much dihedral to fly knife edge
> correctly. I think you will
> find that the model will tend to tuck down and roll
> in the opposite direction
> of applied rudder, in adverse roll and pitch couple.
> It will make the plane
> harder to fly in a neutrally balanced, Pattern like
> way. You can always mix
> in the correct elevator and aileron electronically,
> but why go through the
> trouble? I
>
> In fact if you choose to make your change and do not
> mix in the correct
> mixes, landing would become more difficult everytime
> you correct the plane in
> yaw.
>
> Matt Kebabjian

=====