Annex Proposal

Adam Quennoz aquennoz at ipa.net
Sat Dec 7 17:52:19 AKST 2002

Greetings,

    Yes, IMAC has been at the AMA Nats since 2000.  The reason IMAC changes
sequence every year is because the IAC does so.  IAC is the International
Aerobatic Club for those who don't know.  IMAC's purpose it to follow as
close to the IAC as possible since we are "scale aerobatic".  This time of
the year we get the IAC proposed sequence that has been tweaked to work best
for the models.  Plus there are two sequences that are selected from the
membership.  When all is said and done the sequences are put to a vote by
the membership.  The final tally is what we fly for the year.  I like it
since it provides a new challenge every spring, and allows us to decide our
own destiny.
   Right now IMAC is having trouble with the current 3 year rules cycle that
the AMA has in force.  When the IAC makes rule changes, sometimes every
year, we can't change along with it due to the rules cycle.  The IAC is
going to a "zoneless" box.  Which means the box will no longer be divided in
to three equal sections that  maneuvers must be centered.  This would be a
great change for IMAC as it would allow us to write sequences that would
have a smaller footprint which will help in our efforts to abate noise.  We
would like to be able to govern our own rules and judging guide to stay
current with the IAC.

All I can say is stick with what you believe is right.

I apologize for a long winded reply.  I hope this makes some sense.

Regards,
Adam Quennoz
IMAC 2439
NSRCA???????