Too quiet . . . . weight savings idea.

Bob Kane getterflash at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 5 12:04:22 AKST 2002

Either the list is broken or no one has anything to
say, which I find hard to believe.

I am looking for ways to save weight on my next
pattern project. I picked up one of the new Hitec
Electon receivers, dual conversion, 6 channels, .47
ounces without the case. The only problem is I need
channel 7 for the 2nd aileron with my Stylus TX. I
found the channel 7 lead on the decoder chip and was
able to convert the channel 6 jack to channel 7 by
cutting the trace and soldering a jumper from the pin
to a plated-through hole in the trace going to the
signal pin of channel 6. Well over an ounce saved
compared to the Stylus 8 channel receiver.

=====
Bob Kane
getterflash at yahoo.com