[NSRCA-dist8] Fun In The Sun!

Gordon Anderson gaa at owt.com
Sun Apr 28 19:17:46 AKDT 2024

D8 Pilots,

In less than a month the 2024 Pattern season will start with the Fun In The Sun Pattern contest in the Tri-Cities (May 18th and 19th). You can learn more about the TCRCM field at our club’s web site, https://tcrcm.com/. The field has changed a bit over the last year.  There is now a 300 foot by 30-foot hard surface of fabric with the grass surrounding the fabric. The club did a good job installing the fabric and the transitioning to the grass field.  You can easily roll across the fabric to grass interface. Over all the field is about 600 feet by 60 feet. I have been flying for the last month or so and the field is in very good condition.

Power is available for charging. There is room for RVs but no hookups. We hope to fly 4 rounds on Saturday and 2 on Sunday. The sun comes into the left side of the box in the early afternoon so we would like to start early, expect an 8AM pilots meeting!

The club will provide lunch for a donation.  Please support the club, it will help a lot on future pattern contests. I will arrange a no host dinner for Saturday night at a local restaurant.

Please visit the NRSCA web site and prepare for judging this season.  There are a lot of changes and you can get all the study materials and take the certification test on line.  It is free if you are an NSRCA member and $5 if not. There is a whole package of material you can download and a study guide that helps outline what you need to do to prepare. You need to get 80% on the test to pass.  If you fail you will have to retake the test. We can have a group discussion and have some of the more experienced pilots answer any questions you have before we start flying.

The contest is listed on the NSRC site so please signup.  This will help us with planning. Please let me know if you have any questions and I look forward to seeing you all in a few weeks!

Gordon
509.628.6851
gaa at owt.com