[NSRCA-dist8] Fwd: Solicitation for new NSRCA D8 VP

John Bentley j.bentley at usa.net
Mon Oct 31 03:05:44 AKDT 2022

------ Original Message ------
From: Sean Mersh <mershs at hotmail.com>
To: John Bentley <j.bentley at usa.net>
Subject: Solicitation for new NSRCA D8 VP

Hi John,
below is my proposed email for soliciting a new VP. Please check/correct the
listing of previous VPs at the end of the email. I'm fine with any changes you
would like to make to the email.

Thank you, John, for your hard work and dedication, not only as the NSRCA D8
VP, but also as the keeper of the scoring system and for improving it with
upgrades that dramatically increased its reliability! Thank you very much!!!

One of John's emails a few weeks ago let all NSRCA D8 members know that he is
looking for a new VP. At that time, he believed that Igor was interested, but
Igor has since changed his mind and has withdrawn his candidacy.
John wants to make sure that we all know that handling, transporting and
manning the electronic scoring system is not automatically a responsibility of
the VP.
The main duties of the VP are:
Good communication with D8 members.
Representation of the district within NSRCA by attending a monthly zoom type
meeting and submitting periodic articles for publication in the K-Factor.
Coordinating the D8 contest schedule.
So, if you are up for a challenge and don't want pattern aerobatics to
disappear in our district, go for it, and submit your candidacy to John!
Many of our pilots already have served as the D8 VP: in addition to John, I
can think of Pat, Karl, Art, and Rex. Thank you to all of them for their hard
work and dedication to our hobby!! FYI, I served as the D7 VP before moving to
Oregon.
Wishing you all the best for the new season,
Sean

Sent from Outlook