[NSRCA-dist8] Winter upkeep

RICHARD BERGERON ribergeron at comcast.net
Sun Oct 30 14:30:53 AKDT 2022

Hi Karl,

Thanks for the invite to share and ramble.

I'm using JR radios and servos mixed with Hyperion servos. I have two  JR XG11MV (11 channel with changeable TX module) that can use Spektrum modulation or JR DMSS modulation modules.

Motor:  Himax-6330-210. I have 3 and they all are great. I'm very pleased with the range of props that I have tried on them (20x10, 20x13, 20.5x14.5 2 blade and 19x13.5 three blade).

ESC: OS 100 amp. I have 3 but I just had one fail on me. It wouldn't go to full throttle. Couldn't find a solution except the trash can.

Switches: various (too many).

Regulator: none. LiFe batteries provide that function.

Batteries: presently, I'm using five year old Gens Ace 2x5s 5500 mAh. They generally provide 65% per pattern flight and just keep on trucking. F3A used to supply them but not any more. I have found some on Amazon.

My two planes (Goldberg Obsession and General Hobby Evolution) are holding up very well and I will keep using them next year. I have a Venus II from Great Planes that I have converted over to retracts. The 2 cycle engine is an OS 120 AX and still works great. I used this plane for pattern for a couple of seasons when I first moved here 15 years ago. Then I got the money pit electric bug and it has been hanging up since then.

I'm in the middle of constructing a Bridi Great Escape (.60 size) and a Bridi Big Dirty Birdy 2+2 1.60 size. They have been sitting on the shelf 50% completed along with some of my old original designs. I'll get 'em done some day.

Looking for 2023 pattern season to start and getting out with you all next year.

Thanks for starting this conversation Karl.

Rick Bergeron