[NSRCA-dist8] Good old days

Jim Hiller jnhiller at comcast.net
Mon Jan 25 09:34:38 AKST 2021

While reading the newspaper this morning I remembered a name I’d forgotten - Dick Goerly (spelling??) who flew P-47 in WW2 and a story.
At a contest in Chelan he was flying a loop way out and too low. We thought for sure he'd crash in the orchard but within about a second the airplane came back up and we concluded that he was actually over the Columbia river canyon, beyond the orchard. Good thing he continued to hold the elevator after the airplane went out of sight.
Good old days.
Jim

Sent from Mail for Windows 10