[NSRCA-dist8] 2021 Season

Art Kelly afkelly25 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 10 10:45:29 AKDT 2020

After days if not weeks of smoke and haze and challenging flying conditions
today in Medford we are receiving a steady rain that should clear out the
skys.

I'm sheltered indoors with my computer and have started looking at the 2021
calendar. Obviously there are no clear indicators on the horizon for an
effective vaccine so we could still be in limbo by next summer.
Nonetheless, I think we should start planning. I'm asking those of you who
were designated CD's for the 2020 season to begin checking with your
respective clubs to see if they are receptive to scheduling our contests
for the corresponding weekend for 2021. In addition I'm asking all active
D-8 pilots for thoughts on contests. For the last several years we've
worked with the six contest format. Is everyone comfortable with that or
are you open to scheduling another contest or two? If we do proceed with
additions I think we all agree (from past experience) that we not schedule
on consecutive weekends. Respond with your thoughts and if you lean toward
an extra one or two events, what locations do you suggest?

Thanks for your help,

Art