[NSRCA-dist8] Scoring system

Patrick Harris harris7148 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 09:52:51 AKDT 2016

OK, guys just a brief update on the scoring system finances. As of today,
we have raised enough dough to fully pay for the system and reimburse the
guys with deep pockets that got the whole thing off the ground. I have
purchased two new antennas that are working great as well as a power supply
to keep the system running if we have a power outage. I have about 50 bucks
left over after the smoke finally cleared which I will use toward supplies.

Again, I really want to thank you guys for stepping up to the plate...we
all did a great job.

We did have a few issues at our first contest of the year, but most of
those were user error that will drop as we all become familiar with the
system.

We were concerned about thermal shut down at our Boise contest so we used
small coolers to keep the controllers in during rounds and I think it
helped a lot. We also used pop ups, that helped as well. We did have a
couple of thermal shutdowns on Sunday, but all was fine in the end.

Having pop ups at all our hotter contest will be very important. If any of
you have an extra 10 by 10 or 12 by 12 you could bring to contest, let me
know so we can co-ordinate it.

Lastly, John Bentley (by the way, he is now a D8 member!) and Rex are
working on methods to vent the controllers to help reduce heat build up in
them. With John's electronic back ground and Rex's mechanical skills, I
think we are in good hands.

See you guys in Redmond.