[NSRCA-dist8] Fed registration

Patrick Harris harris7148 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 10:40:26 AKST 2016

I am sure you guys are tired of reading and hearing about this stuff, but I
think we need to be on top of it and proactive. We all need to register
with the Feds. I have done it and it only took a couple of minutes to do
so. You may have seen the AMA now has it worked out that your AMA number
posted on your planes are acceptable.

If you do not have your AMA number on your planes, we still need to place
inside the cockpit your name and the Fed number.

There has already been one action from a police officer asking a pilot for
the Fed number. The FAA has advised local law offices of this rule and they
could be pretty aggressive.

It would not be a pretty picture to have the police show up at a contest
and start checking everyone for their Fed number and find pilots not
registered. It could get real ugly. It may be wise for the CD's to have
contestants show proof of registration just like we do with our AMA cards.

Here is the web site. If you register by the 20th, your fee will be
refunded.

https://registermyuas.faa.gov/