[NSRCA-dist8] Scoring system

Patrick Harris harris7148 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 10:46:03 AKDT 2015

OK guys, I thought I would start a new email as the last one was getting a
bit long.To bring you up to speed on our fundraising effort to purchase
Peter Vogel's electronic scoring system , as of today we have collected
$2,620. I think that's pretty remarkable when you figure we started just a
week or so ago. As a reminder, our goal is a bit in excess of $3,000, so we
are still a bit short, but we do have enough to move forward with the
purchase of the system which runs $2,500.

Actually,we still have a commitment from a member that will put us over our
goal. but one thing to note. When these funds come in, more than half of
our goal will have been funded by three D8 members ($1,700). It was my
intent from day one that no one member be out of pocket more than $150 to
$200 or so. The bottom line is, we still need to raise funds to reimburse
these generous gentleman...so keep it coming. Also, we kind of got started
with contributions at the $100 level, but please don't let that hold you
back from donating more to a great project.

One other issue of note is Karl Watts graciously donated his time to write
a grant proposal to the NSRCA for a funding of $250 to help offset the
purchase of the system not only for our district, but all other NSRCA
districts as well. My thanks to Karl. I have submitted the grant proposal
to Jon Carter, the presidents of NSRCA and was receptive to the idea. I
should know more in the next week or so.

Also, you are likely aware, NSRCA pays for shirts for the district Champs.
What you may not be aware of is, the NSRCA also reimburses each district
DVP  $350 for the purchase of district champ trophies each year. Our
practice in D8 (and some other districts) is to not request those funds
from the NSRCA. In my submission of Karl's grant to the NSRCA, I also
alluded to the fact we were not taking those dollars and feel they would be
better spent on the district as a whole (an electronic scoring system),
which would benefit all D8 members. My proposal was, if the NSRCA board
will allow us to utilize those funds, we would forgo the $250 grant. My
reasoning is, we could potentially receive $350 for this year and $350 from
next years allotment.

I am in contact with Peter and he will start ordering components for our
system.The intent is to have Art Kelley pick it up (and receive training)
from Peter on his travels through the Bay area later this fall.

My PayPal email:

harris7148 at gmail.com

My home address:

Patrick Harris