[NSRCA-dist8] D8 Champs

Patrick Harris harris7148 at gmail.com
Wed May 13 09:16:29 AKDT 2015

Guy...I know I just sent out an email, but felt this should stand on its
own.

As most of you are aware, we normally hold our D8 Championship contest at
our last event of the year which is worth double points. My thought this
year was to hold the Championship at a more central location to the
district, which would be the second Richland contest versus Medford which
is our last event. The concern a few guys had was the potential lose of
attendees at Medford if it is not the Championship contest.

I am up for suggestions on how you guys want to deal with this.Here are
some possibilities.

1) We hold the Championship at Medford
2) Hold it at Richland and not count any points from Medford
3) Hold it at Richland which will be worth double points, but still count
Medford points (single points).

I would think most classes would be decided at Richland  but we had two
classes that were down to the wire last year so we may pick up some guys at
Medford that may not normally attend.

The second issue is how we want to deal with "throw-outs" for D8 class
Championship. We have had two throw-outs in the past, but due to cutting
back to six contest this year, we may want to have only one throw-out.

Please give any thoughts or suggestions you have, it's your district not
mine...I just babysit it! [?]

Pat