[NSRCA-dist8] Medford contest

Patrick Harris harris7148 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 09:08:18 AKDT 2015

Art Kelly asked me to forward this to the group:

Missive from Medford

Regrettably I am not able to join everyone at the Richland contest. I’m in
charge of the air show at the Airport Day of our local airport (R/C and
full scale) on the week end of 9/5 and will have to miss the trip north.

 There are some recent developments in the Medford contest that should be
of interest to all D-8 pilots. Over the course of this year’s contests I’ve
sat in on more than a few conversations about digital scoring systems. Most
of us have seen the articles in K-Factor about Peter Vogel’s system and a
few of our pilots have actually used it. Peter is a D-7 pilot and has
agreed to join us at the Medford contest. He will bring his system along to
give all participants a chance for an “up close and personal” experience.
We’ll then have a chance to *mull it over* during the winter hiatus.

 And, Peter advises that he is likely to be joined by Frank Capone and Jon
Carter. I’m checking in with them to see if we can stimulate interest from
a few more D-7 pilots. Maybe we can reignite the cross border rivalry.

 Since this may prompt a few more participants in the Medford event it
would be really (make that REALLY) helpful if you would register on the
NSRCA web site.

 Last item, several of the “old school” pattern types among us have asked
about a Classic round at the Medford contest. We will be offering a Classic
event, likely at the end of the day on Saturday. If you have a ballistic,
bring it along.

 If any questions, give me a holler.

 Land on the wheels,

 Art Kelly