[NSRCA-dist8] 2015 Masters

James Hiller jnhiller at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 17 10:13:08 AKDT 2014

Started flying Knife Edge Humpty and Integrated Rolls yesterday. Now I
really don't understand what the problem was.
Both are quite easy but very sensitive to technique. Both respond well to
proper throttle management, more so than was needed previous schedules.
I found entering the integrated roll with little more airspeed than is
needed to hold the radius with a high idle seemed to work without using
rudder at all, managing the arc radius with throttle. Now I should ask an
FAI flier how it should be done.
I'm puzzled by the K-5 it seemed easier than that. A large full height
maneuver will likely be harder, I'll find out next time out.
In any case it is a welcome addition to masters.
Jim