[NSRCA-dist8] Contest poll

Tim tstebbins at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 19:24:40 AKDT 2014

I just took a quick look at the raw scores for several of the pilots in the "upper classes" and I really didn't see a wide variation between judges from round to round.   In fact they were remarkably close for the most part.     I for one am not that familiar with the upper class maneuvers but I do try and be consistent on the 15 degree rule and symmetry of each maneuver.   Where I have trouble is knowing when to zero a maneuver if it didn't look I think it is supposed to look or if a maneuver is out of the box.

I really don't feel all that comfortable judging the more expert flyers, but I do want to help out when asked.    if there is a concern regarding lower class fliers judging upper class fliers, well the solution is pretty simple.   Don't have us judge the upper classes.   You guys can judge yourselves (masters judge FAI and vice versa) and we judge ourselves (advanced judge sportsman and intermediate and intermediate judge advanced).

Sent from my iPad