[NSRCA-dist8] Pattern Contest

J N Hiller jnhiller at earthlink.net
Sun Jan 12 16:20:04 AKST 2014

Tim I'm putting this to the NSRCA discussion list for additional input.
Consider it an introduction to the NW pattern community. Tim has the Silver
Hills field and wishes to hold a pattern contest. Feel free to reply with
questions and concerns.

The following is my suggestion for a first event.

At this time I personally have July 12-13, Aug 2-3 & 23-24 open.

July 12-13, being the weekend before the pattern NATS, may not attract folks
going to the NATS. Aug 2-3 is followed by Snohomish which is a long drive
for most and they may not like two in a row where the 23-24 is followed by a
contest in Woodburn which is a long drive for us Spokane competitors and
would probably be the best date.

I'd suggest scheduling Aug 22-23-24 running pattern training on the Friday
and Saturday Aug 22-23 with classic and Sportsman (Pre-novice,TBT? &
401)Turnaround on Saturday, all classes of turnaround (401,402,403,404 &
406) on Sunday.

D-8 competitors that travel will show up Friday, some will stay on sight
that will help setup the field and be available to help with airplane setup
and coach new people that want to try out pattern, either classic or
turnaround. I and probably one other from the Spokane area will come over
Friday to help interested participants.

Jim