[NSRCA-dist8] Its over!

Gordon Anderson gaa at owt.com
Sun Sep 29 19:19:43 AKDT 2013

All,

The D8 2013 flying season has officially ended with the Medford District Championship contest held this weekend. Due to the threat of bad weather we pulled this contest off in one day, with most classes flying 6 full rounds! We had a total of 15 pilots including 4 first time sportsman, what a great way to end the season. Thanks to the Medford club and all the fliers that keep things moving, everyone was pretty busy all day long.

There was some great flying on saturday with some very close races, 1st and 2nd in advanced were separated by only 0.3 points, I think this is the closes I have ever seen! FAI 1st and 2nd were separated by 1 point!

The sportsman pilots had a great time, with the 1st place coming down to the last round. Mitchell and Joseph even tied in round 5 with both receiving 1000 points for the round, this is something you rarely see!

All the results are posted here: http://nsrca.us/contest_results/2013/D8/Medford/contestResults.XML
Pictures are here: https://picasaweb.google.com/115567665303634263821/2013Medford
And if you would like to see the district championship results look here: http://nsrca.us/index.php/d8-district-champions/2013

I sure enjoyed flying with you all this season and I look forward to the 2014 season!

--Gordon