[NSRCA-dist8] Masters

alan wellentin a_wellentin at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 4 13:15:33 AKST 2012

Well, I got a chance to fly through the new sequence on Friday.  I didn't have a chance to fly through it from start to finish, I didn't have a caller and I couldn't remember the whole sequnce.  I think it's going to be a fun one.  A couple of observations that I had;
                   The cuban 8 with a snap and a half isn't as bad as I had imagined it to be, I only flew it twice but I think it will be a doable maneuver.  I found the biggest obstacle is going to be the exit heading after the snap, I ended up going from a 45 down to about a 65 down.
                    I really wasn't thrilled with the notion of the stall turn 2 of 4 up, 4 point down.  In reallity, it isn't bad as long as the up line roll portions are started well into the up line to allow centering and altitude for the 4 point down.
                    The figure Z is a bit tougher to center than I thought it would be.  I judged about 500 of the things in contests and could figure out why the roll segments weren't centered and why the bottom line was always pulled early, now I know.  It's just not as easy a maneuver as I originaly thought it was.
                     It will be strange doing the reverse knife edge through the middle of the box instead of on the floor, also rolling out inverted will take some brainwashing, old habit of rolling back to upright will have to corrected.

I'm figuring on selling the Miss wind, it just flies too different compared to the Scandalous.  It took a couple of gallons of fuel just to shake the old habitual corrections/inputs that the Wind needed but the Scandalous doesn't.  I thinking around the 525-550 range for the plane minus receiver but including 4, 6S packs.  I don't want to ship but I have no issues meeting someplace for delivery.

Later,
Alan