[NSRCA-dist8] Judging Seminar

astropuppy astropuppy at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 08:46:45 AKDT 2011

*"Mr. Everything Riggs"* my wife use to say that about me! But that’s
a another story.

Travelling for a non-contest event really stinks no matter how you do it.
With that said, my suggestion would be for all us new people to study and be
ready to take the test in Boise. Then we could ask current judges questions
and be ready to at least judge sportsman.

If the weather is nice the Saturday of the Boise contest, I fully expect to
have upwards of 10 entries in Sportsman. If nobody from outside the club
enters, I will just have club members judge, but I really don't want to
screw up somebody who has traveled to our contest. I also expect as the
rounds progress sportsman participation will drop off. Again, if its only
club members I'll let them decide when to call it a contest. Last August we
flew three rounds and called it a day. Another idea is to run two classes of
sportsman, fun seekers and points seekers. Using real judges for the points
seekers and club member judges for the fun seekers.  FYI Tim: If the weather
doesn't improve for practicing I'm going to be flying Sportsman.

Seriously how many hours do Judging Seminars take? Having never been to one
I'd like to know.

On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 7:20 AM, Tim <tstebbins at gmail.com> wrote:

> One other suggestion maybe to have a judges training session Friday and
Saturday evenings in Boise.   Three of us that will be new judges this year
will be at that meet (myself, Scott, and Mr. Everything Riggs).

nsrca-dist8-bounces at lists.nsrca.org]On Behalf Of Gordon Anderson
> Sent: Monday, April 25, 2011 7:46 PM
> To: AK, ID, MT, OR, WA, WY
> Subject: [NSRCA-dist8] Judging Seminar
>
> All,
>
> Please let me know what you think about holding Judging Seminar May the
21st. Gary McClellan contacted me and he is willing to teach the class and
he has worked with Ray Gauthier to gain access to a room at Pioneer Pacific
College  in Wilsonville Oregon.
> This year we have new AMA sequences and this will be a good opportunity to
review all the changes. Please let me know if would be willing to attend
before we finalize the details.