[NSRCA-dist8] Jf's surgery

John Foglesong justjohnf at w-link.net
Mon May 4 16:52:42 AKDT 2009

The surgery went smooth and the tumor is out... It was huge and shaped like the state of Louisiana ( a big upside down "L"), roughly a bit larger than an 8 1/2 x 14 sheet of paper and weighing in at around 3 to 4 pounds with the top attached to my Pelvis bone and the rest wound amongst the various muscles and other things in my thigh.. The operation took roughly 4 hours. Two days after the extraction I sat in a chair normally for the first time in many months. Since January I have lost a total of almost 50 pounds (Jenny Craig eat your heart out !!!) I found that I have an amazing friend base and am totally grateful for all they have done over this time when they were severely needed. Quite an adventure overall.  An interesting and sometimes very tough and painful test for my inner strength and spirit -- Time for healing the things of life which have accumulated in my memory and soul and the ways I have created for dealing or working around  with them – and learning more about these things called grace and forgiveness all while still heading in a positive direction for overall healing and growth, development and communication abilities. What an amazing time has been given to me for the preparation of life still to come.