[NSRCA-dist8] FW: [NSRCA-officers] 2010 nats

Rex trexlesh at msn.com
Wed Jul 29 12:27:21 AKDT 2009

People of D8!

Below, you'll find a sample of a poll that is to be placed on the main NSRCA site.  It is pretty much

self explanitory.  Please take the time to read the info below, and then go to the main site within a few

days and take the poll.

Rex

Poll - Relocate Nationals For One Year

A number of years ago it was suggested that the NSRCA should look into moving the Nationals from Muncie on a "rotational" basis.  What this meant was that one year it would be in Muncie and then following year it would move elsewhere and then back to Muncie again, and then the cycle is repeated.  Ostensibly the idea was that we would rotate the Nationals around the country with each region hosting it on a given cycle so that the East coast, for example, would get to host the Nationals every 8 years.  The rotation would like like:

Muncie
East Coast location
Muncie
Southern (Texas, Louisiana) location
Muncie
West Coast location
MuncieNothing ever came of this plan, unfortunately.  However, last year we mentioned that there was a group in Louisiana that had a lot of interest in hosting the Nationals at some point, but due to some concerns at the board (new board installed) in the county (parish) that would allow them to use the airport, the guys decided to wait until they could contact the new board and then revisit the plan again.  This past June, they contacted the NSRCA about the possibility of hosting the Nationals again since they now had the approval of the board to go ahead.  The NSRCA board talked about this at the board meeting at the Nationals and decided to poll the membership as to their preferences.  We also talked about the fact that mid-July in Louisiana was very hot and humid and perhaps moving the Nationals to later summer/early fall would be preferable.  Unfortunately this may preclude a number of our younger school going competitors from competing since it would involve missing at least 4 days of school.

The NSRCA board would still like to get your opinion on this... should we move the Nationals (for one year - 2010) to Louisiana and, if so, should the Nationals be held at the same time it currently is held or moved to the late summer.  Another question that we are asking is to find out if in fact you want to move it to Louisiana or would you prefer to have it relocated to another part of the country (the problem with this is that we would need to find local pattern pilots interested in helping us find a location since we don't have any other places defined at this time).

We realize this poll is not scientific but at least it will give us an idea of the interest level.