[NSRCA-dist8] Jim Hiller-- OS 160 Setup

Admin admin at tcrcm.org
Sun Aug 30 15:33:05 AKDT 2009

Well I'd sing great praise on the OS160, but last weekend I broke a
crankshaft on my Focus. Was just flying along and then-- nothing but a
windmill prop. First time I've ever heard of it though.

This weekend, I just dropped another OS160 into the mount. Used the old
needle valve and pump (mounted on the firewall per Pastorello). Only
thing I had to do to break in the new engine was lean up the idle by 1
turn so it would run. Unlike a muffler pressure fuel system, where the
fuel pressure varies depending on RPM, the pump/regulator pressure
doesn't change much with engine RPM, so the stock idle setting needs to
be leaned quite a bit.

Steve