[NSRCA-dist8] PeteModel.com Spinners

Steve Sterling rcsteve at tcrcm.org
Mon Aug 10 22:33:21 AKDT 2009

A few folks viewed my Shinden in Redmond this last weekend and asked
about the spinner I was using.

The spinner is light carbon fiber with AL backplate. The spinner
attaches with 6 screws around where the spinner mates with the
backplate. It has no nose bolt like Tru-Turn, etc.  This allowed me to
cut off the forward 1 inch or so of the spinner, making a duct for ram
air to flow through the wide slots in the backplate and (hopefully)
through the coils in the Axi electric motor that powers the aircraft.

Obviously this spinner is only viable for electrics.

Source was www.PeteModel.com.

Originally I ordered one through Chief Aircraft, but they stiffed me by
charging for it, sending other things in the order but not the spinner,
then denying that it wasn't in the package. I gave up on Chief and
ordered directly from the PeteModel.com website.

Sure was fun getting to fly with you all again.....

Steve